Russian Tea Cakes, Mexican Wedding Cookies, they have many names, however, these amazing delicious “can’t get enough of” cookies don’t stay around for very long when they are served, so make sure you make a few batches! Even though it was a little time consuming, it was always worth the labor of love.
- soft butter
- ½ c. sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ¼ c. flour
- ¼ c. flour
- ¾ c. finely chopped walnuts
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
Preheat oven to 400°
- Mix butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly.
- Blend in flour and salt into butter mixture.
- Mix in nuts.
- CHILL IN FRIDGE (for at least an hour)
- Roll dough into small 1” balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned.
- While cookies are still warm, roll in confectioners’ sugar, let cool completely and then once more after (2x).