The cost of hiring a nanny is a common concern when considering bringing outside help into the family household. You may have heard stories from other parents about the joy their nanny has brought to their children and how much their nanny feels like a welcome addition to the family. Considering the costs and benefits of hiring a nanny for your family is the best way to help you make the right decision for you. So let’s think about it together. What are the costs and benefits of hiring a nanny?
The schedules, duties, and rates of a nanny are all surprisingly flexible. They are dependent on the situation. Nannies can work part time, full time, seasonally, and even overnight. You don’t have to have a live-in nanny unless that’s what you want. Your family’s needs come first, and you are in control of which responsibilities you’d like them to have.
The decision to hire a nanny is a highly personal choice, but the goal is simple: find the best fit that you can afford. So ask yourself…
- Do you have trouble finding someone to look after your children when you’re away from home?
- Are you worried your children are getting too much screen time?
- Do you feel like you have no time for activities you used to enjoy before having children?
- Do you want to make sure your children are engaging in developmentally appropriate activities?
- Would it help if your children had another adult around that they could rely on?
If you’re answering yes to these questions, you would benefit from having a nanny.
- Parents have more time to focus on their own interests or work
- Nannies prepare developmentally appropriate activities for children
- Help with learning and homework
- Children receive individualized care and attention based on their needs
- Children are kept in a safer environment than other options like daycare centers
- Parents have more time to rest, relax, and destress from being overwhelmed
- A more personal relationship between you and your child’s caretaker
Sure, but how much does a nanny cost?
Although the many benefits certainly are worth the cost, the average cost of hiring a nanny is determined by multiple factors.
- Area You Live In – Costs are higher in some areas than others
- Schedule Requirements – Certain schedules, like overnight, have a higher rate than others
- Tasks & Responsibilities – Higher wages are associated with more demanding and intensive duties
- Education & Experience – The more education and/or experience a nanny has, the higher their wage will be
- Level of Care – Smaller children or children with special needs usually require more care which usually costs more
Find the Best Fit For Your Family!
The absolute easiest and best way to find the RIGHT nanny to fit you and your family is to let Seaside Staffing Company do the heavy lifting for you. Our database of candidates have been thoroughly screened to ensure that you can trust and rely on them. We help match families and nannies together by best fit based on preferences, personalities, specific needs, and the budget you can afford.
Ready to take the next step?
Visit our Nanny page to contact us and find the right fit !